Sunday, August 30, 2015

Electronic Brigadier Freeman's Farms(2)

 I decided to give AJ's new game system a try from the British side.  I was Pared with Bregi and faced off against Time Paul and another gent who's name I cannot now recall (sorry).  
 I had command of the Von Reidessel Hessian Brigade and Hamilton's British Brigade.
 Directly opposite me was Tim with Poor's brigade of New Hampshire and New York Continentals.
 Hessian Light troops lead the way and get an early shot on the 1st New Hampshire as they try to deploy.
 My own men are a little pinched by a grove of trees and a stream (to the left out side the picture.)
 Bergi has the British Elites and is facing Learnards Brigands
Hamilton;s men move against the New Yorkers and militia in the center.
 There is a bit of pile up partly this was by design but mostly it was the terrain (I found out about 3 tuns in the fences were considered low wall and not obstacles).
 Bergi has a nice line formed up
 Artillery get on line and starts hamming the New Hampshire and New York men
 Bergi orders a charge but it doesn't really work out
 we are now hammering them and getting hammered in turn
 Paul send Morgan's rifles on my right
 and Bergi gets charged by two units...
 and like that the British right is crumbling...
 I'm starting to make progress as the 1s New Hampshire breaks under fire
 In we go with the bayonet
 and the 2nd New York breaks
 Again the bayonets charge...
 and the Hessians exploit the hole
 And for a brief moment it looks like I will break through...
 But my own men are breaking and though Bergi is recovering its not enough
 the fine battle lines are broken and several hessian units break for the rear...
 Tim charges my gun and my gunners give them a blast of grape...
 and then run away.,,
The following data is nicked from AJ's Blog and it along with the last picture give you a sense of things.  This was an American victory though we took fewer casualties than the historic British Commanders.

British Forces
  • Army cohesion: 82.1%
  • Total Casualties: 418 / 3709 (11.3%)
  • 4 units dispersed
  • 1 shaken units
American Forces
  • Army cohesion: 84.1%
  • Total Casualties: 269 / 3740 (7.2%)
  • 2 units dispersed
  • 1 shaken units




No comments:

Post a Comment