Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Yankees on the March

These are Blue Moon figures Union troops advancing at right shoulder.  There is the start of two regiments here.
Six of the figures have broad hats so I did them up with three men to a stand my intention is to use these as western troops among whom non-regulation head gear was more common.  (once the additional figures I have on order arrive)
The other five stands will be an Eastern regiment probably the 12th Massachusetts  a unit I picked because the its first Colonel Fletcher Webster (son of Danial Webster) is buried about a mile from the house I grew up in.  Fletcher was killed at the Second Battle of Bull Run and the 12th had the highest Casualty rate (67% according to Wikipedia) of any Union regiment at Antietam.

 I'm waiting for more of these figures to arrive so I can complete these units.

No comments:

Post a Comment